Tuesday 1 May 2012

Switzerland - 2012



Switzerland have entered the band Sinplus with the song Unbreakable for 2012.

After winning the Swiss National Final for the ESC, Sinplus were voted the winners and so will be part of it all in Baku. Unbreakable is an alright song, definitely something I enjoy listening to. Just the one slight problem I have with the song is the diction. In case any of you were wondering, it's "swim against the stream, following your wildest dream"...

As I said, Unbreakable is pretty alright. It's a rock song with some good lyrics. The lyrics don't seem to quite fit the beat and when I first saw the title "Unbreakable" I thought of Westlife and Alicia Keys, but that doens't really matter. The thing with this song is, if it was a country other than Switzerland performing it, I'm sure it would do a lot better than it does.

I'm probably about to add some British bias again, but I absolutely adore the song "In Love For A While" which Switzerland entered last year. Thankfully the British rewarded the song with 10 points, but Switzerland still failed to impress and ended up finishing last. Switzerland have been disastorous in recent years, and after the draw which saw them perform 7th in the first semi final, any hope of qualification has gone. Long gone are the days of Lys Assia and Celine Dion...

Song rating: 5/10
Liklihood to win: 3/10

Current odds: 80-1                          (oddschecker.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment