Monday 14 May 2012

Slovenia - 2012

Bloody hell it's come around fast! 8 days to go now and here is Slovenia 2012! This year is Eva Boto, singing the ballad "Verjamem".



Yes, you read it write... another, bloomin' BALLAD by a former Yugoslav country. Not that I'm complaining that much about Slovenia, cos this is a stormer! But don't think I'm THAT excited about Eva Boto, I seem to always skip this song even though I think it's a really good song. At just 16, Eva Boto may be unexperienced, but I think it's fair to say she neither looks like she's struggling through puberty and has a stage presence of that of an established star. Maybe that's a little too over-enthusiastic, and a little too biased, but you have to see where I'm coming from. I recently read a review of Verjamem, which said that it sounded like it should be used as the soundtrack during a medieval battle, and that did make me chuckle. Yes, I completely agree! Still though, Verjamem has to be regarded as a good song, which is much better than a lot of the other ballads entered for this year.

Slovenia in Eurovision? Recent history is poor. Top finish is 7th, which they have done twice since 1993,  but not once since 2001. Slovenia have qualified just twice to the final in the last 5 years, but I think this year, they will be able to do it again! Verjamem is much better than previous attempts in my opinion, and will perform in the middle of the second semi, which should hopefully put clouds over the other former Yugoslav ballads. Good Luck Eva Boto! I hope this is a start of a wonderful music career for her.

Song Rating: 7/10
Liklihood to win: 5/10

Current odds: 66-1                     (oddschecker.com) (on average)

No comments:

Post a Comment