Friday 11 May 2012

Finland - 2012

After that long post, I'll keep the Finnish 2012 entry pretty sweet. This year, Finland will be represented by Pernilla Karlsson and the song "När jag blundar"



I will be completely honest from the off... I personally don't like, but I am fully aware of why a lot of people do like it. It's a nice Eurovision ballad, and one positive is that Pernilla doesn't try and screech any lyrics. She seems like a really nice, sweet girl and will sing När jag blundar in Swedish. In English, this means When I Close My Eyes. It's an alright song, but it's ANOTHER ballad. I suppose we can at least take the fact that Finland never used to be part of Yugoslavia...

Anyway, Pernilla has been drawn halfway through the first semi final. She will be the last ballad, and this will surely mean Finland recieve quite a few points. Denmark are being represented by a girl with a similar image, but that shouldn't be a problem. Unsure if this song is strong enough to qualify though... Finland don't have the best history in Eurovision, and this could be problematic. Especially if countries in Scandinavia and the Baltic prefer another neighbouring country...

Good Luck to Pernilla. This one is difficult to predict qualification, but even then, I can't see this winning. Much love to Finland though...

Song Rating: 3/10
Liklihood to win: 2/10

Current odds: 100-1             (oddschecker.com) (on average)

No comments:

Post a Comment