Monday 18 April 2016

22 days to go... Top 2 favourites from the 1960s

SO change of plan. I was going to be ranking the UK entries from 2000-09 with 22 days to go, but have instead decided to do tomorrow's 'Top 2 from the 60s".

This continues from my choice of best one from the 50s, available here. There are so many to mention, but I've tried not to lean towards the UK entries as we were the Eurovision powerhouse back then...so many top finishings ;)

So I won't mention Sandie Shaw 1967, Cliff Richard 1968, LuLu 1969... ...but notable mentions would also have to include France's winner from 1960 'Tom Pillibi'; that Swiss entry from 1963 that I keep banging on about; Belgium's 4th place from 1966 'Un Peu De Poivre, Un Peu De Sel'; 'Vivo Cantando' from Spain, and 'De Troubadour' from the Netherlands, both winners in 1969; and fine I will mention the UK, but the Allisons should have won in 1961, let's be real...


Anyway, I think you'll like my top two. Yes they are both winners, but they are both fantastic songs and would still win these days. Ha ha ha, well I doubt that, but come on, we all enjoy them. The second song you can see is definitely one of my favourite winners and favourite all-time tracks.




1965 - France Gall 'Poupee De Cire, Poupee De Son'





1964 - Gigliola Cinquetti 'Non Ho L'eta'


No comments:

Post a Comment